Don’t despair if you are having drain field problems at your Lutz property – we’ll get your septic system working properly again.
Probably the worst thing about having drain field problems is that you don’t usually realize it until the system backs up or the yard becomes spongy and doesn’t smell very good. The good news is that, here at Quality Septic Inc., you can count on fast, friendly, reliable and affordable solutions that often do not entail a complete drain field replacement.
The main reason why we are so good at dealing with drain field problems is that we’ve been serving the Lutz, Florida area for over 25 years. We help both residential and commercial customers with repairs that can salvage most drain fields. If you’ve been told that your drain field problems are not repairable, call us first. We are happy to provide a second opinion and give you a quote for repairs or, if actually necessary, a replacement of your property’s drain field. The estimate is free, as it is for any of our septic services.
Speaking of other services, you can count on us for quality drain field installation and inspections, as well. If you are looking to buy a new home, let us check it out first so you know if there are any potential drain field problems that just haven’t become symptomatic yet.
How You Can Avoid Drain Field Problems
At Quality Septic Inc., we are here to resolve any and all drain field problems that you might incur at your Lutz, Florida home or business. However, what we aspire to do is help you prevent them in the first place. Since a typical septic tank and drain field can give you many decades of reliable service, it would be a shame to have to deal with a premature failure or the consequences of a problematic septic system. Here are a few tips on how you can avoid septic tank and drain field problems.
- Understand only biodegradable items should be sent to the septic system- Your home’s septic system is not a trash disposal. It isn’t designed to break down anything but organic compounds, including toilet paper and human waste. There are plenty of products that market themselves as safe for septic systems, but many aren’t. When in doubt, ask us!
- Don’t drive over or park on the drain field- The drain field is not built to withstand excessive weight. The heaviest thing you should have going over it is a lawnmower.
- Don’t plant anything over the drain field- Grass is the only landscaping you should have in place. It is also important to keep trees and shrubs as far back as possible, as the septic tank and drain field are tempting to long-reaching root systems, which can get entangled and destroy the septic system.
- Don’t overwhelm the system- Water conservation is important when you have a septic system. Too much water entering the system at once can overwhelm it and push more than effluent to the drain field, resulting in clogs and damage. Spacing out loads of laundry, showers, and other water usage is recommended to avoid drain field problems.
- Don’t neglect inspections or maintenance- You wouldn’t expect your vehicle to last to more than 100,000 miles if you didn’t get the oil changed and have other recommended maintenance done. Avoiding septic problems is much like avoiding engine failure in your car in that regard.
Don’t despair if you are having drain field problems. We’ll get there promptly, give you an accurate diagnosis, and provide you with the information you need so that your home‘s waste system can get back to functioning properly. Call us with any questions you may have.