A grease trap can be a beneficial addition to any septic system. While grease traps are common in commercial septic systems, particularly in restaurants, they’re great additions for residential properties and small businesses as well. A grease trap is just like the name implies– it works to trap and hold grease, fats and oils. Grease traps can help your septic system, but only if they are properly installed. Here at Quality Septic Inc., we want you have a quality septic system with the right grease trap installation. These are some of the advantages you can look forward to with proper grease trap installation.
- You can cook without fear. When you have a septic system, you need to be careful of what goes down your pipes. A grease trap allows you to cook as you like without fear of clogging your pipes or septic system with fats, oils or grease. Bacon, anyone?
- Grease traps make septic systems more effective. Certain greases, fats and oils harden while others don’t. When a grease trap collects these before they make their way into the septic system, your septic tank deals with the solid waste only, not the grease.
- Enjoy fewer clogs or blockages in the system. Because some types of grease solidify and harden, they are a common source of clogs and blockages. With a grease trap, you will have fewer worries of issues like these.
- You don’t need to pump your septic tank as frequently. When a grease trap is properly installed and maintained, your septic system isn’t clogged up with unnecessary grease. This helps to eliminate unnecessary pumping services.
- Helps keep your septic system in good health. A septic system is designed for beneficial bacteria to break down waste and other food solids, not grease. When the grease is trapped in the grease trap, your septic system can remain in good working order and health.
- Ensures proper maintenance. A grease trap needs to be emptied on a regular basis. Depending on the size of your grease trap, you can also schedule beneficial septic maintenance along with a grease trap check.
- Works to eliminate backflow. Because a grease trap traps all the grease, fats and oils, you have fewer clogs and blockages. This serves to eliminate backflow from your septic system.
Here at Quality Septic Inc., we want to help you enjoy the advantages of a grease trap, starting with the proper installation. Please give us a call today to learn more.