Most people do their best to take care of their homes and property, and you probably can do a great job keeping up with most of your day-to-day maintenance needs. But for more serious repairs or upgrades, you’ll need the help of trained professionals to make sure the job is done correctly and safely.
One area where this is especially true is the maintenance of your septic system. Only a professional septic contractor has the right equipment and experience needed to deliver the high-quality results you deserve.
At Quality Septic Inc., we understand that choosing the perfect septic contractor can be a challenge. To make the choice easier, we’ve put together this list of several key qualities to look for when hiring a septic contractor or septic company.
Three things to look for in a septic contractor
It’s important to remember that technically anyone can offer septic services such as tank pumping, septic system repairs, installations and so on. This field isn’t regulated the way many medical, legal and financial fields are. For this reason, you need to be careful who you hire to work on your septic system.
Here are three things to look for when choosing a contractor.
1. Local licensing & insurance
This is the starting point. You want to make sure the septic contractor or septic services company has the right licenses and certifications to do the work in your state and/or area. You also want to confirm that the individual or company carries full liability insurance to protect you, your home and the workers.
Quality Septic has been in business since 1994, and are always current with local, state and federal requirements and licensing. And we’re fully insured.
Honesty is an absolutely essential quality in a septic contractor. Professional honesty includes:
- Never cutting corners on any project
- Being completely upfront and thorough in reporting work that was done that you’re getting charged for
- Always giving you the facts – as unpleasant as they may be – about the condition of your septic system and what will be required to fix it
You can trust our contractors to tell you everything you need to know and give honest recommendations based on facts.
A third key quality in a septic contractor is a solid reputation in the local community. You can look into a company’s reputation several ways:
- Read online reviews on Google or other places that collect unsolicited feedback
- Check out the company with the local Better Business Bureau
- Talk with friends, neighbors and associates about their experiences with the contractor
- Ask the contractor for customer references and get in touch with the names you’re given; if the contractor is reluctant to give references, cross that individual off your list
- Review the company’s website and learn the scope of their services and areas of expertise
Consider Quality Septic for all your septic system needs
You’ll see that we meet the above and all other criteria you might use in choosing the perfect septic provider.
For more than 25 years, Quality Septic Inc. has served customers throughout Plant City FL, Brandon FL, Tampa Bay FL, Lutz FL, Land O’ Lakes FL, and other local communities. Speak with a septic expert today at (813) 798-0122.